Thursday, January 24, 2013

Punchlist Items for the Bobber

I've been riding the bike every chance I get and loving it. This week I was able to knock out a couple things to get me closer to final paint.

The first was to counterbore and safety wire the rear sprocket. I had to machine some spacers for it to accomodate the larger rear tire, so this mod would secure the nuts that hold the sprocket on.


The next was to replace the aluminum axle spacers I made a while back. I had planned on these being temporary and it's a good thing too. When I pulled the aluminum ones off they were worn out. Here's a comparison of the old stainless spacer (just has a polished ring from the wheel rubbing) and the new aluminum spacer (has a worn groove from the wheel).


So I machined a permanent spacer out of stainless and she came out purdy. Something addicting about making chips on the lathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment