Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wedding Arbor

My wife and I got married October 7th, 2011. For her wedding gift I wanted to make our arbor with the help of my dad and brother.

The design of this one took some time. We reviewed several pictures of other arbors until we got the right style. Next, it was over to SolidWorks to model something up. Here's what I came up with.

The venue had a beautiful view overlooking the Guadalupe River. To make sure we didn't take away from that I had to get the dimensions just right. Using Photoshop and some pictures of the venue, I superimposed the arbor and scaled it up and down until it was just the right size.

 
To add to the design complexity, the arbor had to be assembled and disassembled in a few hours. My dad, the expert carpenter, helped with this part of the design.

Then it was onto the build. My dad, brother, and I took the day to fabricate and construct the arbor...and had some fun in between.

 




After a hard day's work the arbor was up and looked very impressive.


And of course the final final product shown here on the best day of my life. It was a beautiful day and was thrilled with how everything turned out....including the arbor.


No comments:

Post a Comment